It’s very easy to drop hundreds of dollars on skin creams and other beauty products that promise to deliver amazing results. But it’s just not practical for many of us. It turns out there could be a few items hanging around your home already that could have some surprising additional uses. I love to pull ideas off Pinterest and other resources. Here are some unexpected and affordable beauty tips that I’ve collected, tried and ended up being pretty impressed by.
1. Apple-cider vinegar is a one product that isn’t very expensive and has multiple hidden beauty benefits.
Mix half a cup to one cup of apple cider vinegar with one cup of water as a hair rinse in the shower. The acidity in apple-cider vinegar changes the pH of your scalp and helps banish dandruff. Leave it on you tresses for about a minute and then rinse with cool water.
Apple cider vinegar can also be mixed with baking soda as a natural way to whiten teeth.
You can also dab apple cider vinegar on a zit or use it as an overall refreshing facial toner. The antibacterial properties in it will take inflammation down.
2. Everyone should keep a roll of transparent tape in their bathroom. It can be very useful in lifting glitter or eyeshadow fallout from the eyes. It can also be used to stencil on a straight line to do a dramatic smokey cat eye liner look. It’s also awesome to help take any stray makeup brush hairs off your face.
3. There are several very pricey sprays on the market to give hair a a beachy, ocean tousled look. But you likely have the ingredients in your home bar to create this look.
Simply mix some club soda with a spoonful of salt and shake in a spray bottle.
4. Coconut Oil has so many hidden uses, I can’t even list them all.
It can be used as a shaving gel, hand moisturizer and cheekbone highlighter. Simply dab a small amount of organic coconut oil on top of your blush to give your skin a natural glow. Coconut oil can also be mixed with brown sugar for an exfoliating skin scrub.
5. Honey is also a sweet item with hidden beauty secrets to keep around. Honey can be a great facial mask. Leave it on skin for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Since honey is a strong antioxidant, it’s excellent for acne-prone skin. You can squeeze about a tablespoon of honey into damp hair to create a moisturizing natural hair conditioner.